When bowling pins are painted up as characters, it turns a standard bowling set into an open ended toy with lots of potential that includes opportunities for both imaginative play and learning through play. This is sustainable grow with me toy that can be played with and used for years.
Stages of play
- 3 years of age: both game playing and pretend play is huge. Kids can use these pins for bowling games as well as using them in sensory bin play.
- 3-4 years of age: kids learn counting and can count how many pins the knock down as they play.
- 5-6 years of age: kids learn basic math concepts that includes addition and subtraction and this game can be used for basic math games
- 6-10 years of age: cool little travel game to play against friends and see who can get the highest tabletop bowling score
- teens: cool shelf display for bedrooms
- adults: cool shelf display for offices and tiered trays
- grandparents: cool shelf display safe for grandkids to play with
- 5 (five) bowling pins painted like farm animals
- 1 (one) bowling ball painted like a hay bale
- 1 (one) drawstring fabric bag to put it all into
- bowling pins approx 3 3/4 inch high x 1 1/2 inch wide at its widest point
- ball approx 1 3/4 inch diameter
- bowling pins approx 95mm high x 40mm wide at its widest point
- ball approx 45mm diameter
Please note: All sizes are approx, not exact. Tolerance +/- 0.125 inch (3-4mm)
- Ages 3 years and up
Canadian Toy Safety Warnings:
- None applicable
Our Process and Materials:
Made in USA wooden pins and balls are paired up to make 5 pin bowling games. They are all painted by hand using a paint brush, tooth pick and certified non-toxic water based paint. Once the painting is completed, it undergoes several layers of gloss to protect the paint.
- made in USA solid maple bowling pins
- made in USA solid maple ball
- certified non-toxic water based paint
- certified non-toxic gloss
Carefully packaged in clear plastic with appropriate labelling as per Government of Canada packaging regulations (Labels in English and translated French.)